"We're Voting Yes"
Watch Council 4 members who work for the state explain why they're voting "yes" to protect their rights, their future and the services they provide to the public.
SEBAC tentative agreement (TA) includes:
- Wage freezes in 2016-17 and 2017-18
- Wage freeze in 2018-19, but $2,000 bonus or top step lump sum plus $1,000 if greater (pensionable).
- 3.5% wage increase plus steps in 2019-20 and 2020-21.
- 3 Furlough Days to be taken between 7/1/17-6/30/18 with no impact to pension calculation.
- Protections against layoffs/privatization through 6/30/21.
- Pension contribution increases 1.5% on 7/1/17 and an additional 0.5% on 7/1/19.
- Health care premium cost share increases as follows: 7/1/19: 1% but not over 15%; 7/1/20: 1% but not over 15%; 7/1/21: 1% but not over 16%.
- No changes to pension and health benefits.
Click here for the full SEBAC TA. And be sure to vote "YES" for the SEBAC TA and your tentative Bargaining Unit Agreement.
Meanwhile, the state is without a budget that's fair to working families. Please click here to tell your legislators to support a fair share budget that supports working families.